[gtk-list] FAQ/Tutorial and Distribution

On Mon, Jun 08, 1998 at 02:45:26PM +0200, Juergen A. Erhard wrote:

> Am I the only one who thinks that there should be plain text and/or
> HTML versions of the FAQ and the tutorial in the distribution?

I have to agree. Reading the .sgml tutorial is somewhat annoying, given I'm
using 'less' for this task. ;-)

I vote for a plaintext version first, by the way. Or at least, an HTML
version in one large file, rather than in many small files. It is only
annoying, and makes searches more complicated.

And if we are in this stage of being annoying - I would also vote to change
the filenames of the patches. As much as 'patch-1.0.3-1.0.4' is an
informative name, 'gtk+-patch-1.0.3-1.0.4' might be just a bit more...

                                                   Nimrod