Re: [gtk-list] FAQ/Tutorial and Distribution

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, Juergen A. Erhard wrote:

> Am I the only one who thinks that there should be plain text and/or
> HTML versions of the FAQ and the tutorial in the distribution?
>
> As a reminder, the rule for .texi files is to put in the compiled
> .info files too. (The user should not need any `special' tools... we
> can argue weeks on what tools are `special', but I think
> SGML->text/HTML converters *are* special).
>
> Anyway,
>
> Bye, J

You are correct; those are special tools and the user should not
need them.

For now you can get all the docs in a variety of forms from the
web page. (http://www.gtk.org/)

--
Shawn T. Amundson
amundson@gimp.org               http://www.gimp.org/~amundson

"The assumption that the universe looks the same in every
 direction is clearly not true in reality." - Stephen Hawking