Object args and all that stuff...

Whilst inching forward yesterday (still making glacial progress on my
RScheme bindings for gtk+) I came across the object args stuff. This
looks really great, seems it could make binding to dynamic languages
*very* convenient. However, there didn't seem to be many widgets that
actuallt take advantage of it (GtkWidget, GtkObject, GtkButton, others
???) and the tutorial said that it was pretty much an unimplemented
facility.

So, my question is, is it a case of it just not being done yet, or is it
deprecated (because someone has had a better idea) and just hasn't been
excised yet? Is there more of it in 1.1? If it's around to stay, then I
think I'll refocus my efforts on using it instead of using gtk.defs to
build bindings for individual functions. Any comments/advice on the
state/usability/future directions of this object args stuff would be
welcomed. Thanks.

Regards
M.Beach