Re: [gtk-list] modal fileselector

Christian Lorenz wrote:

> Hi everybody!
>
> I have a problem with making the file selector modal.
>
> After creating the fileselector widget I do this:
>
>     gtk_widget_show(fileselector);
>     gtk_grab_add(fileselector);
>     gtk_main();
>     gtk_grab_remove(fileselector);
>
> Ok, the file selector appears and is modal.
> BUT: clicking on one of the file operation buttons
> (Create Directory, Rename File, Delete File) the
> dialog of the corresponding dialog appears but
> doesn't except user actions.
>
> Is there any feature that new upcoming dialogs get
> modal if the previous one was modal?
>
> --
> Christian Lorenz                     DFS Deutsche Flugsicherung GmbH
> fon: +49 6103 594 1650               Paul-Ehrlich-Str. 33
> fax: +49 6103 594 1680               63225 Langen
> mailto:Christian.Lorenz@sis.dfs.de   Germany
>
> --
	Hi.
	This problem is caused becouse the file dialog window remain grabbed
while new windows gets in screen.
	I´ve send a patch some days ago but it is not applied yet.
	The README is this:
---------------------------------
This patch is against gtkfilesel.c from gtk 1.1, 980629 snapshot

It's goal is to solve a problem GtkFileSelection has when it is grabbed
as when it is used as a modal dialog box.

In this case when we use tool buttons (Create Dir, Delete File, Rename
File), dialogs opened doesn't work because file dialog is grabbed
still.

The patch checks if file dialog is the last grabbed widget and if it
happend, grab the option dialog created.
	Attached to this message is the patch.
	Bye.
--
|David Abilleira Freijeiro | Pontevedra, España        |

gtk-abilleira-980630.patch.gz