Re: [gtk-list] Re: Coloured text

On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, Ian McKellar wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 07, 1998 at 05:36:51PM +1000, Robert Thomson wrote:
> > Has anyone implemented, or started implementing, coloured text into the
> > toolkit?  Ie. xterm colour codes or similar.  I wouldn't mind having ANSI
> > support aswell, as it is more widely used.  Maybe just one format and
> > interpreters / bindings for the others ?
>
> An idea I had for this (which I don't have time to implement, but I thought
> it might be a nifty idea) is to have a terminal emulator widget (which I was
> going to write in Java, but GTK+ would be as good) which understands Termcap
> or Terminfo information, so if you want to emulate VT100, you copy and paste
> the terminal definition from /etc/termcap or wherever. This would allow
> complete flexibility.

some while ago i implemented GtkTerm and GtkTty widgets, one does the display,
and the other cares about tty emulation. i'm soon going to merge these widgets
into the devel branch of gtk, and add generic key binding support to it.
currently the widgets still live in the gnome-libs cvs module under ./libgtktty

> Ian
>
> --

---
ciaoTJ