Re: [gtk-list] Re: Coloured text

> On Tue, Jul 07, 1998 at 05:36:51PM +1000, Robert Thomson wrote:
> > Has anyone implemented, or started implementing, coloured text into the
> > toolkit?  Ie. xterm colour codes or similar.  I wouldn't mind having ANSI
> > support aswell, as it is more widely used.  Maybe just one format and
> > interpreters / bindings for the others ?

  Isn't it possible to 'tag' text/words and assign them attributes (like
  color, boldness etc) as tcl/tk does? I haven't tried to to this on GTK
  so I just assumed it was possible...

> going to write in Java, but GTK+ would be as good) which understands Termcap
> or Terminfo information, so if you want to emulate VT100, you copy and paste
> the terminal definition from /etc/termcap or wherever. This would allow
> complete flexibility.
> Ian

  Wouldn't that be like trying to do ncurses within a GUI? that termcap
  thing is always a source of (compatibility) problems IMHO. Anyway, if
  it works...

--
D. Emilio Grimaldo Tunon       Compuware Europe B.V. (Uniface Lab)
Software Engineer	       Amsterdam, The Netherlands