Re: [gtk-list] Coloured text

On Tue, Jul 07, 1998 at 05:36:51PM +1000, Robert Thomson wrote:
> Has anyone implemented, or started implementing, coloured text into the
> toolkit?  Ie. xterm colour codes or similar.  I wouldn't mind having ANSI
> support aswell, as it is more widely used.  Maybe just one format and
> interpreters / bindings for the others ?

An idea I had for this (which I don't have time to implement, but I thought
it might be a nifty idea) is to have a terminal emulator widget (which I was
going to write in Java, but GTK+ would be as good) which understands Termcap
or Terminfo information, so if you want to emulate VT100, you copy and paste
the terminal definition from /etc/termcap or wherever. This would allow
complete flexibility.

Ian

--
Ian McKellar           imckellar@harvestroad.com.au
Web Author / Programmer      Phone: +61 8 9389 6200

Tell me do you really know your brother man
Cause a heart speaks louder than a colour can
And why would you even shake a man's hand
If you're not going to help him stand
                            -- Ben Harper (Jah Work)

PGP signature