Re: [gtk-list] Re: Docking toolbars

> >  You're not alone.  I've felt that way since the first time I tried them
> >  out.  I'd also like it if the docking area was (optionally?) not visible
> >  but still useable.  Also, it should be possible to have multiple docking
> >  areas (handleboxes) serve a single (or several different) widgets.  I.e.,
> >  like in Windblows, you can attach a toolbar in many different
> >  orientations.
>
> The GnomeDock provides this functionality.  It is in the gnome-libs
> module and all applications that use the toplevel GnomeApp window use
> it by default.

Am I the only one who hates hearing that Gnome does this or that?  Things
like proper docking toolbars really belong in GTK+, not an extension
(IMHO, anyway).  Not that I have anything against GNOME, one of these days
I'll try it, but I like to keep my app's lib requirements to a minimum and
I feel that it is "wrong" to require GNOME libs for an app that is
intended to run anywhere. :)

--Doug

J Douglas Winters   |   winters@cs.utah.edu