Tree widget -- is it done?

If I'm reading the headers correctly, there is a tree widget which does
exactly what I want (something akin to Win95/NT's collapsable trees) to
display a nice hierarchical tree of some data resources.  However, a quick
glance over the source after an attempt to use it failed miserably shows
that it appears to be quite incomplete.

While I can use a couple lists or something to display the data instead, I
would *really* like to use this widget (if it does, indeed, do what I think
it is intended to do).

Anyone know what's up with it?  I'd pitch in, but (a) I don't know that I
know where to start and (b) I don't want to step on the toes of the
maintainer.

TIA,
--
Mike Phillips, msphil@widomaker.com