Re: [gtk-list] ANNOUNCE: python-gtk version 0.1

Neil Schemenauer <nascheme@acs.ucalgary.ca> writes:

> These are Python bindings for GTK.

Great!

> Future Work

	[...]
> 	verify reference counting (prevent memory leaks)

I'm working on that, too.  I think that the current ref counting in
Gtk is somewhat broken and I'm trying to correct this.

There is a patch on ftp.gimp.org "gtk-mvo-971013-0" that addresses ref
counting in libgdk.  Yesterday, I attacked libgtk but I only made a
mess.  Hopefully I can sort this out.

If you are going to do anything big with Gtk, like throwing out
gtk_widget_destroy, please get in contact with me.