Re: Additional bindings to gtk

On Fri, May 02, 1997 at 03:38:35AM -0400, G. Sumner Hayes wrote:

> Count me in as one who would love a web interface to the list archive.
>
> I'm working on a C++ wrapper for gtk, just to let people know so that
> we don't duplicate too much effort.  Have the Perl interface folk
> considered looking at Swig?  It gives a unified way of creating
> Perl, Python, Tcl, and Guile extensions to a program; I'm not sure
> how easy it would be to get a clean OO design using it, though,
> so it might be best to do things by hand.  If nobody else does, I may
> tackle python bindings in a couple of months (when I have more free
> time).

What's swig and where is it?

I, personally want Python bindings.  Unfortunately, I don't have the
time to do it right now... or for a while, yet. :(

> Final point: I know that there was some discussion about ripping
> some of the more complex widgets out of the Gimp and sticking them
> in gtk; is this still under consideration?  It would be useful to
> me.

I think this relates to my question... anyone know when gtk will
become a separate package?  I vaguely remeber someone mentioning it
would happen after gimp-1.0 was released... so when's that gonna
happen.:)

--
					-Otto.