[gtk-list] Re: Stupid feature requests

Jonathan Albrecht writes:
 > > I concur with Peter's assessment of the visuals.
..
 > I have to disagree with all of the above.
..
 > Shrinking is not correct either.  The mapping of the (apparently) 3d
 > widgets to your 2d monitor is what I think is called an orthographic
 > projection.

Hmmm... nah, I wouldn't say so.  The fact that you can see
front-face, highlights and lowlights all at the same time seems to
indicate that either the surface normals of the outer edges of the
button are pointing slightly towards the viewer (ie. beveled) rather
than at a tangent (in which case we *are* looking straight-on anyway),
or a nonsense-projection is being used. ;)

If it were projected orthonographically you'd just see e.g. the top
and left edges, the bulk of the button would be offset down and
across in the unpressed state, and, incidentally it would all look
like crap.  :)

--Adam