Re: [gtk-list] Re: Stupid feature requests

Shawn T Amundson writes:
>Isn't this just a matter of shifting the widget that is in the button
>down and right 2(?) pixels?  It shouldn't make a difference what widget it
>is, whether it's a label, pixmap, or a container with both.

The reason buttons don't move their child down and to the right when
they are depressed is because I don't think that's what is happening
visually. My view of buttons is that you are looking at them straight
on. That is, the user interface lies in a plane and you're above it
looking straight at it. When a button gets pressed it moves directly
away from you. To be absolutely correct I guess the child should
actually shrink a tiny amount. But I don't see why the child should
shift down and to the left. Remember, the child is supposed to be
attached to the buttons surface. Its not good for it to appear like
the child is slipping on the surface of the button.

On a more practical note, I did implement this at one point and
determined it didn't look good and removed it.

Peter