Menus again

As I have already said, I see a problem with menus where sub-menus
popup too quickly as I drag the mouse pointer down the menu. The
Sun X servers here at my university hate that as they can not draw
the popup windows that quickly, and they have to quickly erase them
as I drag the mouse furhter down the menu. The result is bunch of
flashy rectangles, as the submenus get erased before the ever get to
paint themselves. I just checked how Windows NT hadles this. They
do it quite good - there's a slight delay before a submenu pops up,
too small to notice if you know which item you're selecting, but
long enough not to popup the submenus if you drag past them. Damn, my
English sucks, I hope you're getting what I mean. And please don't
flame me for quoting Windows NT that often - I'm forced to use it here
at work. BTW I think that the GUI part of Windows if pretty good,
just I'm too bored of it.

Martynas