Re: [gtk-list] Re: Stupid feature requests

On Thu, 12 Jun 1997, Otto Hammersmith wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 12, 1997 at 06:18:42PM +0300, Martynas Kunigelis wrote:

> > 1. Why not make the button label/pixmap/whatever move along with the
> >    button itself when the button is clicked? Motif is the only toolkit
> >    that does not do this and why should gtk inherit bad things?
>
> Because it used to be that you could specify five different pixmaps
> for the various states of a button.  If you wanted a pixmap that
> moved, you just provided another pixmap.  It worked, but resulted in a
> lot of excess code.  (the advantage now is better handling of
> backgrounds...)
>
> Apparently Spencer changed how GtkPixmap widgets work, so that may not
> be the case any longer.  I haven't had the time to look at it... so
> I'm not sure there is a way to do it anymore. :-/

Isn't this just a matter of shifting the widget that is in the button
down and right 2(?) pixels?  It shouldn't make a difference what widget it
is, whether it's a label, pixmap, or a container with both.

--
Shawn T. Amundson		University of Minnesota
Systems Administration	 	Computer Science System Staff

"My daydream screams bitter 'til the end" -- Smashing Pumpkins