Re: [gtk-list] Re: GTK_SHADOW_SHALLOW_IN

On Wed, 10 Dec 1997, Patrice Fortier wrote:

> There is currently no function to create a new style with a new
> styleclass. If someone has time to spend on this, it'll make (at least)
> 2 happy people :).
>
> Currently gtk_style_new() is something like that:
>   style_class = &default_style_class;

I was thinking more of making a permanent change to Gtk, to support
GDK_SHADOW_SHALLOW_IN, and leave it at that.

The idea of dynamic styles sounds attractive, but I wonder at the cost of
supporting it, both in time spent in the style routines, and in the
duplication cost (it's unlikely two people will write identical widgets,
but they might do so for styles.)