Re: [gtk-list] Re: GTK_SHADOW_SHALLOW_IN

Kenneth Albanowski wrote:
>> Currently gtk_style_new() is something like that:
>>   style_class = &default_style_class;

> I was thinking more of making a permanent change to Gtk, to support
> GDK_SHADOW_SHALLOW_IN, and leave it at that.

  When you'll do that, keep in mind that the ?thickness resource in
the gtkstyleclass will still be 2, even if your draw function (well,
sort of) is 1 pixel-wide.

> The idea of dynamic styles sounds attractive, but I wonder at the cost of
> supporting it, both in time spent in the style routines, and in the
> duplication cost (it's unlikely two people will write identical widgets,
> but they might do so for styles.)

  The Style widget is ready for this (I mean for the modification
of the current styleclass), but what we need is a nice API to change
the class (or its contents).

Patrice.