Re: [gtk-list] Re: gtk+-cvs-971208 compilation problems

On Thu, 11 Dec 1997, Owen Taylor wrote:

> I'm not sure this is correct. gdk/gdkkeysyms and gdk/gdkcursors.h
> are autogenerated from the corresponding X header files. If these
> are different on different machines, then just using the files
> generated on (say) Linux may cause problems further down the
> road.

I pulled these from an earlier distribution of gtk.  I'm not clear
on how they are autogenerated.

> If they are not different, and the problems just come from having
> empty files, then we should, in any case, fix the generation
> process.

What code do I look at to fix?  I took a quick look and don't
see how they are supposed to get generated.  I assume that
configure would have to do this?

> (But the previous problem with Page_Up vs. Prior indicate that
> there are differences between machines)

Is this a problem with differing versions of X11?  I'm linking
against X11R6.3, so even on Solaris I might not notice much
difference from people using XFree86 on Linux.  Or is it more
to do with the OS/arch?

--
Shawn T. Amundson		Complete Internet Solutions
Senior Systems Administrator	Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

while (i) { last }
    i, do exist.
    forever;