Re: [gtk-list] Re: gtk+-971201

    Michael> However, it is possible that there is an upgrade path
    Michael> that is not binary compatible.  If you figure out why
    Michael> that happened, let me know.  Unfortunately, due to the
    Michael> CVS server loss, I can't give you a patch that shows
    Michael> exactly what I changed.  As it is, feel free to look at
    Michael> gtk/gtkentry.{c,h} and look for the word "visible".

I'm not a terribly good C programmer, but I did notice that in struct
_GtkEntry, visible is declared as a 'guint', while
gtk_entry_set_visibility uses a 'gint visible'. I don't think this
matters terribly much, but it could be a problem.

    Michael> On my system with the latest gtk and gimp compiled
    Michael> against it, there is no problem.  On the other hand, I
    Michael> can't see why the problem would show up in the first
    Michael> place with a simple upgrade, so I might be wrong.  Please
    Michael> let us know if recompiling isn't a solution.

I'm using the stock GIMP 0.99.15 and gtk+-971201 off of ftp.gimp.org,
no patches.

--
Brought to you by the letters T and D and the number 3.
"You should be glad you don't have diaper rash. Mah Jongg." -- The Critic