Re: gtk+-971201

Ben Gertzfield writes:
>It seems that 971201 has a bug in it in which text no longer shows up
>when you type it into fields in a dialog box.

This is because I added the visibility patch that is needed for folks
to enter passwords.  I thought I kept it binary-backwards compatible
(unlike the original patch) by keeping the flag in an unused part of
the structure, packed up against another flag.  Also, the gtk_entry_init()
function turns visibility on by default.

However, it is possible that there is an upgrade path that is not
binary compatible.  If you figure out why that happened, let me know.
Unfortunately, due to the CVS server loss, I can't give you a patch
that shows exactly what I changed.  As it is, feel free to look at
gtk/gtkentry.{c,h} and look for the word "visible".

>This came up when I ran GIMP after compiling and upgrading gtk from
>971109 to 971201.
>
>I'm now trying a recompile of GIMP to see if that will solve the
>problem.

On my system with the latest gtk and gimp compiled against it, there
is no problem.  On the other hand, I can't see why the problem would
show up in the first place with a simple upgrade, so I might be wrong.
Please let us know if recompiling isn't a solution.

michaelkjohnson