Re: pangocairo on Mac: transformation matrix and fontsize

On Dec 5, 2012, at 1:36 PM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> wrote:

> On 12-12-05 04:17 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> harfbuzz which does not build with gcc 4.0.1
>
> Humm.  Can you remind me which issue that one is?  All compile issues I'm
> aware of involve gcc 3.x.  I'm sure you've reported this before, but please
> help my memory.  I'm willing to give it another push.

OSAtomicCompareAndSwapPtrBarrier, used in a macro definition in hb_atomic_private.hh, didn't appear until 10.5.

That can be worked around by including <AvailabilityMacros.h> and adding OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED > OS_X_VERSION_10_4 to the condition, which will force it to use the HB_NO_MT version.

The next problem, which I haven't worked around yet (time to go make dinner) is in hb-ot-layout-common-private.hh, where g++ complains that OT::CoverageFormat1::Iter and OT::CoverageFormat2::Iter are private in the context of the union at line 645.

Regards,
John Ralls