Re: pangocairo on Mac: transformation matrix and fontsize

On Dec 5, 2012, at 09:38, John Ralls <jralls ceridwen fremont ca us> wrote:

> If you're using gtk-osx, you can build meta-gkt-osx-freetype and then force-rebuild pango. If you're using MacPorts, you'll have to go look up how to do the same thing.

MacPorts maintainer of pango and freetype here. Installing pango in MacPorts automatically installs and uses freetype.

We have not yet upgraded pango to 1.32 because it requires harfbuzz which does not build with gcc 4.0.1, which is the newest compiler included with Xcode on OS X 10.4 Tiger, which is an OS we would still like to run on. If you are on a newer OS X version you can try pango 1.32 by installing the pango-devel port instead.