Re: pangocairo on Mac: transformation matrix and fontsize

On Dec 5, 2012, at 6:52 AM, "Jun T." <takimoto-j kba biglobe ne jp> wrote:

>> BTW, I can replicate his results with current master.
>
> Thanks.
> Now I may assume I didn't do stupid things while installing pango/cairo.
>
>> Using the CoreText backend I assume, NOT FreeType+HarfBuzz.
>
> I don't have FreeType. Should I use FreeType?
Maybe. You might have to use lower-level pango functions to ensure that it's used. Behdad will have to answer that for you.
> If I install FreeType on my Mac, will pango automatically use it?
No. You'll need to rebuild pango. You'll also need FontConfig and Harfbuzz.
> (I guess HarfBuzz is included in pango, but not sure.)

No, it isn't. It's a separate dependency.

If you're using gtk-osx, you can build meta-gkt-osx-freetype and then force-rebuild pango. If you're using MacPorts, you'll have to go look up how to do the same thing.

Regards,
John Ralls