Re: Indic script support in cross-compilation environment

On 12/09/2007, Girish <girish a geodesic com> wrote:
Harsh Ketkar wrote:

> On 12/09/2007, *Behdad Esfahbod* <behdad behdad org
> <mailto:behdad behdad org>> wrote:
>
>     >>What if you put them in /usr/share/fonts or ~/.fonts/ ?
>

> Hi,
>
> I deleted the /usr/local/share/fonts folder after copying their
> contents to /usr/share/fonts. On running the application, I got the
> following error:
>
> No fonts found; this probably means that the fontconfig
> library is not correctly configured. You may need to
> edit the fonts.conf configuration file. More information
> about fontconfig can be found in the fontconfig(3) manual
> page and on http://fontconfig.org
>
> I didn't get the message on doing the same after moving the fonts to
> ~/.fonts and doing a fc-cache, however. The devanagari characters
> still weren't rendered.
>
> Also, there is no fonts.conf file in the cross-compiling environment.
> The fonts are detected only when kept in /usr/local/share/fonts or
> ~/.fonts.
>
> I kept the indic fonts alone and then I ran the application. Still,
> only the devanagri characters are not rendered. The English characters
> are rendered properly(albeit in a different font, since I have removed
> the non-indic fonts).
>
> I used the devanagari characters provided by the Character Map in
> Ubuntu(Applications >Accessories >Character Map). Are they responsible
> for this?
>
> Cheers,
> Harshvardhan

Could you paste the out put of fc-list

Sure. Here it is:
Comic Sans MS Mäori,Comic Sans MS M‰ori:style=Regular
Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:style=Bold
Comic Sans MS:style=Regular,Normal,obyčejné,Standard,Κανονικά,Normaali,Normál,Normale,Standaard,Normalny,Обычный,Normálne,Navadno,Arrunta
Akshar Unicode:style=Regular
Bitstream Vera Sans:style=Oblique
Samanata:style=Regular
Aksharyogini:style=Normal
Bitstream Vera Sans:style=Roman
gargi:style=Medium
augie:style=Regular
Nakula:style=Regular
Kalimati,नालिमाटी:style=Regular,कालिमाटी
Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:style=Oblique
Comic Sans MS:style=Bold,Negreta,tučné,fed,Fett,Έντονα,Negrita,Lihavoitu,Gras,Félkövér,Grassetto,Vet,Halvfet,Pogrubiony,Negrito,Полужирный,Fet,Kalın,Krepko,Lodia
Bitstream Vera Sans:style=Bold
Chandas:style=Regular
Bitstream Vera Serif:style=Roman
Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:style=Bold Oblique
Bitstream Vera Sans:style=Bold Oblique
Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:style=Roman
DVBOTSurekh:style=Normal
Bitstream Vera Serif:style=Bold
Sahadeva:style=Regular
JanaHindi:style=Sans

regards
Girish

Girish A J
Software-Engineer,                           Ph: (80) 2361 8184-86   Ext 135
PicoPeta Simputers Pvt Ltd.        (A subsidiary of Geodesic Information Systems Ltd)
146 5th Cross, RMV Extension,           Fax:(80) 2361 7568
Bangalore - 560 080.
URL  http://www.Geodesic.com

Cheers,
Harshvardhan