Re: Has the pango_itemize call changed since libpango 1.8? We now get severe valgrind issues (invalid read and others) associated with this call.

On 2007-03-26 12:51-0400 Owen Taylor wrote:

My general recommendation is:

- Use PangoLayout unless you need something that is very different from
  rectangular paragraphs of text. (Single unwrapped lines or strings
  are a subset of rectangular paragaphs...)
- Use cairo for Postscript output instead of rolling your own on top
  of PangoFT2.

Thanks Owen for your most helpful and detailed response.  I will forward
your e-mail in its entirety to the lasi-dev list, and we will mull over your
recommendations there.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

package (plplot.org); the Yorick front-end to PLplot (yplot.sf.net); the
Loads of Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project
(lbproject.sf.net).

Linux-powered Science