Re: Has the pango_itemize call changed since libpango 1.8? We now get severe valgrind issues (invalid read and others) associated with this call.

On 2007-03-26 02:35-0400 Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

Pango 1.8.1 should easily compile on a recent distro.

The actual issue is what is the proper way to call pango_itemize, and I
think compiling old libraries (with the emphasis on the plural because
libpango has many library dependencies) to test our existing code is an
extremely uncertain way to find out the answer to that question.

More recent versions of Pango have a lot
of setters and getters for PangoContext:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/pango/pango-Text-Processing.html

Thanks for that helpful tip.  Does anybody have a pointer to actual working
code that uses these PangoContext setters to establish the first argument to
pango-itemize?

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

package (plplot.org); the Yorick front-end to PLplot (yplot.sf.net); the
Loads of Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project
(lbproject.sf.net).

Linux-powered Science