Re: Chinese Traditional appearance -- mixed weights?

On Sat, 2006-09-30 at 13:35 +0800, Greg Aumann wrote:

> Also how can I untangle the effects of the font sets? I want to figure
> out which glyphs are coming from which fonts so I can adjust fonts.conf
> properly i.e. also understand what is going on. When I change the font
> in gedit or gcharmap to a specific one it still is bringing in glyphs
> from other fonts. Is going through all my font files in fontforge and
> comparing appearances the only way?

Ah, actually, I guess you weren't asking about algorithm here. If
you right-click on a character in gucharmap, it will show you the
font it comes from.

You can also see the font that fontconfig prefers for a particular
generic/language tag pair with, something like:

 $ fc-match sans-serif:lang=zh-tw
 uming.ttf: "AR PL ShanHeiSun Uni" "Regular"
						- Owen