Re: Pango Multilingual Input Reading

> From: Noah Levitt <nlevitt columbia edu>
> As far as I know, Xkb is sufficient for indic scripts.

Just to clarify.  Xkb can possibly enable minimum level of Indic input
in very limited way, but it is not really optimal for native Indic
speakers or daily Indic IM users. Valid input sequence checking, valid
candidates display to guide, implicit commit, intellegent phonetic
input, etc. can not be enabled with Xkb.

--
hiura {freestandards org,OpenI18N.org,li18nux.org,unicode.org,sun.com}
Chair, OpenI18N.org/The Free Standards Group          http://www.OpenI18N.org