Re: Pango Multilingual Input Reading

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 13:35:16 -0800
Stefan Baums <baums u washington edu> wrote:

> I like the fact that Uim seems to be configurable via Scheme
> files.  But most of the documentation is in Japanese, and I found
> a post somewhere that stated it only works in ISO-2022 locales.  I
> don’t know whether that is still true, and I have never gotten Uim
> to work.

It's true that most of the documentation is in Japanese, but
documentation in Japanese is also poor, so it's small problem. ( Though
lack of documentation is big problem.) I think README and INSTALL is
enough to start. And if you feel lack of documentation, you can request
at ML.

It's not true that uim works only in ISO-2022 locales. Combination
of uim and Gtk+2.x will work in any locale. If you install uim and
change immodule to uim-py and press shift+space, you'll be able to input
chinese by pinyin.

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki