Re: Pango Multilingual Input Reading

Thanks for your suggestions!

> 1. Uim (http://uim.freedesktop.org/)

I like the fact that Uim seems to be configurable via Scheme
files.  But most of the documentation is in Japanese, and I found
a post somewhere that stated it only works in ISO-2022 locales.  I
don’t know whether that is still true, and I have never gotten Uim
to work.

> 2. Scim

My experience with Scim is mixed.  Sometimes it works, sometimes
it doesn’t, right now it doesn’t.  Plus the Chinese pinyin module
is non‐free.

There is also Chinput.  That will run in zh_*.UTF-8 locales, but
not in en_US.UTF-8, which is what I want.

S.

--
Stefan Baums
Asian Languages and Literature