Re: releasing 1.9 soon...

On Sat, Sep 22, 2007 at 11:09:45PM +0300, Stefan Kost wrote:

> I hope now all patches have been applied. I also added a target milestone to the
> bug we fixed in this cycle.

Please don't.  Bugzilla Target Milestone field is intended
for open bugs -- to track what to get done in a particular
version, timeframe, ...  Generally, it's a classification of
when in the future the issue is expected to be resolved.

(The stricter Gnome Target Milestone means that Gnome X.Y
cannot be released until all open bugs with X.Y milestone
are fixed.)

> This allow me to pull the buglist out of bugzilla
> fro the release notes - sorry for the resulting spam.

The list is incomplete anyway.  What about 322035, 383456,
445596, 450338, 465365, 466559?

If you want to know bugs fixed since the last gtk-doc
release, just ask bugzilla for it.

> I have also created 1.10
> target milestone, so please us that when closing bugs after the release.

While 1.10 target milestone is a good idea, I'm going to
mark bugs that should be fixed in 1.10 with it (e.g. the
postponed VPATH stuff) because this is what this flag means.

> Next I'll try to see if the build.gnome.org could run build with snv-trunk
> version of gtk-doc. If I have time I'll try a jhbuild of gnome-2.20 locally too.

Considering interesting error messages vary wildly (from perl
complaints such as `Use of uninitialized value...' to various
WARNINGs to xsltproc messages), how we find them in the
flood?

Yeti

--
http://gwyddion.net/