Re: gtk-doc documentation

On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 16:13, Stefan Kost wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> the original xml docs are written by Chris Lyttle and Dan Mueth. The basically
> have streted the docbook help file and written some introductions.
> The documents is under GFDL 1.1.
> I don't know what others think about this licence. Which licence would be more
> appropriate?
> Should I mail to the oringinal aithor to ask for permission to change the
> licence. If so where do we archive their answers (this list)?

The issue has been raised before:
  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-doc-list/2003-April/msg00019.html

Most of GNOME uses the GFDL so I don't think you should worry too much
about it. If you want to be a bit safer, you could recreate the docs
from scratch and add "(C) Gnome Foundation". Then it should be possible
to change the license later if GNOME policy changes (even if you
disappear!).

Damon