Re: gtk-doc documentation

hi all,

gtk-doc cvs contains a manual in doc-book format for gtk-doc.
I would like to add the required stuff to configure and Makefile.am to install
these docs via scrollkeeper.
Then we can update the docs and deprecate the plain text files (just put a line
in that these docs  are old and the up-to-date docs are in ...)

One question to that:
I am not sure at which state of a gnome install one will install gtk-doc and if
scrollkeeper is already there. Should I just check for scrollkepper and if it is
not there tell people to reinstall gtk-doc later when scrollkeeper has been
installed to get the docs.
This of course only applies to initial installs.

Ciao
  Stefan

Stefan Kost wrote:
> hi all,
>
> one thing that gtk-doc need is imho real docs. currently in the docs dir are a
> bunch of text files that are not up-to-date.
>
> First question: What format would you prefer?
> * DocBook (+ OMF scrollkeeper integration)
> * plain HTML
> * ASCII
>
> I would like to consolidate the docs.
> * describe new markup
> * suggest documenting in the code and not so much in the sgml template
>
> Ciao
>   Stefan

      \|/            Stefan Kost
     <@ @>           private            business
+-oOO-(_)-OOo------------------------------------------------------ - - -  -   -
|       __  Address  Simildenstr. 5     HTWK Leipzig, Fb IMN, Postfach 301166
|      ///           04277 Leipzig      04251 Leipzig
| __  ///            Germany            Germany
| \\\///    Phone    +49341 2253538     +49341 30766101
|  \__/     EMail    st_kost_at_gmx.net kost_at_imn.htwk-leipzig.de
|           WWW      www.sonicpulse.de  www.imn.htwk-leipzig.de/~kost/about.html
===-=-=--=---=---------------------------------- - - -  -    -
begin:vcard
fn:Stefan Kost
n:Kost;Stefan
org:HTWK Leipzig;FB. IMN
adr:;;Postfach 301166;Leipzig;;04251;Germany
email;internet:kost imn htwk-leipzig de
title:Dipl. Informatiker
tel;work:+49341 30766440
tel;home:+49341 2253538