Re: gtk-doc documentation

Hello,

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 05:13:10PM +0100, Stefan Kost wrote:
> The documents is under GFDL 1.1.  I don't know what others think
> about this licence. Which licence would be more appropriate?
For me it would be crucial that I could cut and paste things
from the documentation into my GPLed programs.  Otherwise example
code in the documentation is not very useful.

This could, for example, be achieved by putting the documentation
itself under the GPL.

> Should I mail to the oringinal aithor to ask for permission to change the
> licence.
This sounds like a good idea.

> If so where do we archive their answers (this list)?
I have no oppinion about this, but either including a relevant email
of authors into the license section of the documentation or having it
on a public place like this list (or both) seems like the logical way
to proceed.

All the best,
Jochen
--