Re: gobject API docs and tutorial merge : stage 1

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 18:43 +0200, Mathieu Lacage wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 10:40 +0200, Stefan Kost wrote:
>
> > the question now is which way to go?
> > I've a gnome cvs account, thus I can check files in CVS, but I have no shell
> > account to do it.
>
> For now, as I told you already in my last email, it should be okay to
> checkin your changes to the gobject-doc module.
>
> > Who could do the CVS merge?
>
> The glib maintainers.

Rather actually, the GNOME system adminstrators (cvsmaster gnome org
goes to the right place.) But since I'm in both camps, I'll do it right
now.

> > @Mathieu: do you think a lot will change in the doc? If not would it be okay if
>
> I do not plan for now to work on major changes to the doc.
>
> > I convert the links to the API docs for once and then go over it from time to
> > time. By using jedit it is really easy to fix new ones.
>
> As I said already, I very much dislike the idea of uglyfying the xml
> with redundant information which could be added with simple automatic
> scripts. Since you will be doing the work, I can hardly force a decision
> upon you so, it is up to you to decide on this.

We should do it the "uglyfying way", and get things moving, rather than
blocking on some complicated build system or gtk-doc changes. It
shouldn't be hard to write a perl script to go back to something pretty
in the future if we decide to appropriately extend gtk-doc.

Regards,
						Owen