Re: Patches

Owen Taylor wrote:

> I would like to see enum and structure docs inline, and that
> is actually really easy to do - basically you just need the
> extract-docs-from-c-files step to run over the header files
> as well, and there you are. I made this change once in
> my local copy and it seemed to work fine.

Any enum, structure, union, or typedef that is declared in a source file
is visible only within that source file and thus, for intents and
purposes, private.  I'm not sure why they should appear in an API
reference/specification.

If these elements should have public (or protected) scope, shouldn't
they be declared, and for inline doc tools, documented in the header
file?

Eric.