Re: [g-a-devel] No module anymore & perfect zoom feature

On Fri, 2 Mar 2018 at 00:03, Alex ARNAUD <alex arnaud link> wrote:
Le 01/03/2018 à 16:32, Emmanuele Bassi a écrit :
> that the current GNOME Shell already has logic for zoom, color
> inversion, and other effects, it’s perfectly capable of dealing with
> these requirements.

You can enable the GNOME Shell zoom feature, zoom to the factor 10 and
tell me if it works without blurry effects. I'm visual-impaired with a
vision of 1/10 and I see embarrassing blurry effect. You can try the
ZoomText magnifier on Windows, it provides trial version and you'll see
a real perfect zoom.

Thanks.

I was not claiming that the Shell’s zoom is perfect; I’m saying that the Shell is where things need to be fixed, as it’s where things are implemented already. The shell does not currently ask the toolkit to render an area at a different scaling factor, but it could. The shell can also change the rendering pipeline to apply an effect like color inversion.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.
--
https://www.bassi.io