Re: Gtk+4.0

To people who might have missed it:
https://blog.gtk.org/2016/09/01/versioning-and-long-term-stability-promise-in-gtk/

Some comments:

“While the GTK+ team reserves the right to change API during development
series, this does not mean that the whole GTK+ API will constantly break
each release; only specific, and hopefully rarely used parts of the API
may change, and if the changes are too extensive they will very likely
be delayed to the next major development cycle. We’ll ensure that these
changes are well-communicated in advance.”

As a maintainer of several GNOME libraries (doing it during my free
time), this reassures me.

====

The versioning looks much better. Small detail, during the next
development cycle, the alpha/beta/rc versions will be 3.89.x, with the
3.90.0 version released in March 2017, right?

--
Sébastien