Re: Developing a new text editor widget?

On 06/05/2016 01:25 PM, LRN wrote:
If we could sacrifice 100% correct scrollbar correctness (really,
its
not that big of a deal) we could avoid this problem. Just
estimate by byte offset the Y position, and make calculated
offsets in the Y position b-tree/treap/index relative to it's
parent node.
That could be an interesting feature. Places with dense code (many
characters, compared to the number of '\n's) will take longer to
scroll through (if each PageDown scrolls N bytes).

That should be fine. The issue is more about when you jump to 75% of
the document from the top.

We can calculate local sizing information while skipping the
line-height calculation of 0..75%.

-- Christian