Re: [Discuss] Make a thinner Glib/GTK+ to fit tiny device better

On 10/16/2015 12:29 PM, Nicolas Dufresne wrote:
The problem here is that GObject cannot be copied generically, when
they are, it's a custom feature. Note that reference based locking
isn't always great. If I was to redo that, I'm opt for explicit locking
instead. In GStreamer we have hit many of the limitation of this model.
This can of course be introduced with an GInterface if you drop this cr
azy idea of using ref-count to figure-out writability.

There have been discussions about using negative reference counts for
non-atomic reference counts. Not sure the status of that though.

We still can't use that for Gtk, because applications regularly pass a
widget to another thread and queue a callback/unref from that thread.

-- Christian