Re: [Discuss] Make a thinner Glib/GTK+ to fit tiny device better

On 10/15/2015 07:19 AM, cee1 wrote:
From GStreamer point of view, the main problem as it was explained to
me, is the global locks, creating contention (GStreamer is highly multi
-threaded). It's also a base type reserved for very specific use cases
(where a lot of that type need to be allocated, GstBuffer, GstEvent,
etc.). I'm not sure it make much sense generically. Specially that you
loose most of the feature of an object, properties, interface, signal,
etc.

Such mini objects may also play a role in GTK+, I guess...

Almost certainly not. Gtk uses properties and signals heavily, and is
dominated by single threaded operations. Basically the complete opposite
of why GstMiniObject was created.

-- Christian