Re: [Discuss] Make a thinner Glib/GTK+ to fit tiny device better

Le samedi 17 octobre 2015 à 01:20 +0800, cee1 a écrit :
On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 5:38 PM, cee1 <fykcee1 gmail com> wrote:
If yes, we may let GObject inherit from
GstMiniObject to obtain the COW feature?

This would break ABI, so not something you should expect any time
soon.

So what about GObject2(a bit likes playbin2 in GStreamer)? Code can
change to inherit from it and recompiling...

That's an extremely ugly fallback solution, specially for a feature
that no one will use.

The problem here is that GObject cannot be copied generically, when
they are, it's a custom feature. Note that reference based locking
isn't always great. If I was to redo that, I'm opt for explicit locking
instead. In GStreamer we have hit many of the limitation of this model.
This can of course be introduced with an GInterface if you drop this cr
azy idea of using ref-count to figure-out writability.

Nicolas