Re: [Discuss] Make a thinner Glib/GTK+ to fit tiny device better

Le mercredi 14 octobre 2015 à 15:16 -0400, Matthias Clasen a écrit :
I think it is fair to say that there is more interest in fixing
performance of GObject than there is in introducing a miniobject
type. Not sure if that qualifies as 'interest in lightweight objects'
or not.

From GStreamer point of view, the main problem as it was explained to
me, is the global locks, creating contention (GStreamer is highly multi
-threaded). It's also a base type reserved for very specific use cases
(where a lot of that type need to be allocated, GstBuffer, GstEvent,
etc.). I'm not sure it make much sense generically. Specially that you
loose most of the feature of an object, properties, interface, signal,
etc.

Nicolas