Re: GTK+ brochure for FOSDEM

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 10:42:28PM +0000, Chris Vine wrote:
On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 23:24:18 +0100
Sébastien Wilmet <swilmet gnome org> wrote:
I said object oriented style, not GObject. You can write C code with
an OO style without using GObject.

What you actually said was:
<snip>

If you jump several replies backward, the discussion will be more
difficult…

In the meantime, I agreed that what you describe is another (valid)
approach. I just added that GObject is more powerful (wrt OO style in
plain C) and that if the C language is chosen, then it's advised to
follow an OO style, i.e. the object is a struct and the self parameter
is a pointer to an "instance" of the struct, and you keep that in a
single file if possible (the class). Otherwise, if you don't follow this
(in C), you'll end up with global variables, which is not great.

Sébastien