Re: help wanted for implementing GdkGLContext on Windows and MacOS X

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 3:31 AM, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
hi;

I'd like to point out that this is a build-time requirement for
libepoxy only: if the app does not use GLX on the Apple X server, then
the GLX code is never even loaded.

it'd be nice to have a libepoxy build that does not require X11 on
MacOS, but that would make it harder to have applications linking
against libepoxy run on the X server on that platform. whether or not
that is a long term strategy is a discussion worth having with Eric.

The officially supported way to build the GTK stack on OSX uses jhbuild, and this is also how Gnome applications like Gedit build their app bundles [1]. So building a stripped-down libepoxy shouldn't affect any other applications who would want to use libepoxy's X11 capabilities outside of the jhbuild environment.

I guess it's another story for those wanting to build GTK via Homebrew, Macports, or other similar systems, though.

On 19 November 2014 08:10, Jasper St. Pierre <jstpierre mecheye net> wrote:
> Yeah, this is an unfortunate bug with libepoxy right now. There's a PR on
> GitHub if you want to see if that fixes it.
>
> https://github.com/anholt/libepoxy/pull/28

It did, thanks!

[1] http://blogs.gnome.org/jessevdk/2014/09/02/gedit-3-14-for-os-x-preview/

--