Re: A Gtk's build system ?

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 10:46 AM, Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 10:16 AM, Alberto Ruiz <aruiz gnome org> wrote:

However, building Gtk+ is not trivial and I am sure waf is going to require some fixing before it can support a full build, if people want to take on the task of setting up a branch and checking what it would look like, I would be happy to help upstreaming any extensions needed (I have commit rights in the waf repository). On the other hand I wouldn't keep my hopes too high that the Gtk+ maintainers are going to happily move over unless
 someone shows what major improvements the port would bring.

To repeat what Emmanuele already said: I have zero interest in
switching GTK+ build systems. autoconf works pretty well for us.
Applications can of course use any build system their maintainer
prefers, but I don't see why GTK+ should be providing a build system
for you... we have our hands full providing you a toolkit.

The branch should be temporary to get (possibly required) fixes upstream, at least that is the sane thing to do.