Re: glib-mkenums in glib 2

On Dec 30, 2012, at 8:40 AM, jose aliste gmail com wrote:

I don't know if this is related, but It seems you are missing the empty  __init__.py in the codegen/ directory. This is a requirement for a directory so python may consider it as a package.

That would indeed cause the problem, but it seems unlikely: __init__.py isn't empty (4 LOC + copyright) and under version control.

Regards,
John Ralls

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 5:36 PM, John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us> wrote:

On Dec 30, 2012, at 3:47 AM, John Emmas <johne53 tiscali co uk> wrote:

> On 29 Dec 2012, at 21:12, John Emmas wrote:
>

>> On 29 Dec 2012, at 16:41, John Ralls wrote:
>>

>>> That's because gio/gdbus-2.0/codegen/config.py doesn't exist, but config.py.in does -- another file that needs to have its @variables@ substituted -- in this case @datarootdir@, @prefix@, and @VERSION@.
>>>
>>> This one *is* done by configure, which treats it like a Makefile.in; those are all AC_SUBST values. That prolly doesn't make any sense to you, don't worry about it. @prefix@ is the root of the directory tree where glib is getting installed: /usr/local by default on a Unix/Linux box. @datarootdir@ is where various data files (man pages, translation files, etc.) go, normally prefix/share on a Unix/Linux box. @VERSION@ is the Glib version, currently 2.35.4.
>>>
>>> So you need to figure out how to fill in those values and create config.py from MSVS.
>>>

>> Many thanks for your help, John.  It's getting later here now but I'll give that some further thought tomorrow.
>>

> Hi John,
>
> This morning I tried manually replacing @VARIABLE_NAME@ with sensible values and I created the missing config.py file (note that I didn't modify config.py.in - I just copied it, replacing those particular values).  However, when I run my python command I still get the same error message:-
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "F:/+GTK-SOURCES/gnu-win32/src/glib/gio/gdbus-2.0/codegen/gdbus-codegen.in", line 39, in <module>
>     from codegen import codegen_main
>   File "F:\+GTK-SOURCES\gnu-win32\src\glib\gio\gdbus-2.0\codegen\codegen.py", line 26, in <module>
>     from . import config
> ValueError: Attempted relative import in non-package
>
> Note that these lines seem to be the ones causing the error:-
>
> from  <whatever>  import  <something>
>
> Python doesn't seem to know what to do when it encounters that instruction.

Hmm. Your python doesn't seem to agree that codegen is a package, in spite of being imported into gdbus-codegen.
Try changing the line to just "import config".

Regards,
John Ralls