Re: _wstat on Windows (actually stat stuff in general)

On 29 September 2011 10:53, Kean Johnston <kean johnston gmail com> wrote:
> I really don't need accurate GPS measuring to know that a Bugati Veyron is
> faster than a Fiat Uno, any more than I need to provide you with profiling
> data to prove that GIO is slower than g_stat().

I can also tell you that for driving from my house to the supermarket,
the Veyron won't be any faster because of other far larger sources of
delays, such as the speed limit (or HDD latency).

Of course GIO is slower when you look at the LoC count, the question
is for the typical case is performance acceptable.  If your
application is opening a million files then maybe it's not typical.

Ross