Re: Fwd: Plans for GTK+ Bundles for win32 and =?UTF-8?Q?win=36=34=3F?=

On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 12:09:55 +0200, dieterv wrote:
For GTK+ 3 and future releases: nothing has been set in stone, I'm
open to whatever consensus is reached, whether it'll be:
- continuing with Tor's build scripts like I did above for 2.24.X
- build script for a mingw-get-able repository
- OBS
- something else...

For me personally - just to clarify this a bit - anything goes.
As long as whatever get's chosen:

- Still works with a completely Free development environment, even when
  forced to be working on a Windows box. So if I write something that
uses GTK+, I can still build that thing with for example gcc (MinGW/MSYS). Note that mixing compilers doing so is a bad generally considered a bad
  idea (32bit producing mingw-w64 vs mingw.org's mingw32 for example).
- Doesn't impose worries about the crt that's used (and thus has to be
  distributed). Like it or not, but up until today that leaves only one
option: msvcrt. Everything else seems to require a 'licence' for Visual Studio or some such, which I don't have nor want. There's already whole volumes written about this on mingw-users list and elsewhere, so I won't
  repeat the details here...

mvg,
Dieter