Re: Fwd: Plans for GTK+ Bundles for win32 and win64?

On 2011-09-08 at 12:09, dieterv wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Sep 2011 10:54:16 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> >On 2011-09-08 at 10:46, dieterv wrote:
> >>But I won't be doing this on github anymore (I've used up all the
> >>space I'm
> >>allowed to use), so it will move to my domain (optionexplicit.be)
> >>whenever
> >>the next release is built (even switched provider recently to be
> >>able to do this).
> >
> >can you explain what you require in terms of infrastructure?
>
> For the continuing maintenance of GTK+ 2.24.X only (binaries that
> are supposed to be completely compatible with what's already
> on ftp.gnome.org) :
>
> - a place to store the built binaries and GTK+ bundle
>     > used to be http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/
>       linked to from http://www.gtk.org/download/win32.php
>     > the newer binaries I've built following Tor's scripts and
>       guidance are living here:
>       https://github.com/dieterv/legacynativebuilds/downloads

this will probably require an account on LDAP so that you can push the
binaries like any other maintainer. we can definitely set that up.

> - if there's any interest, we could move these build script to
>   a git repo on git.gnome.org instead of using
>   https://github.com/dieterv/legacynativebuilds
>   The repo could maybe use a better name too?

this will require a Git account, which I think you already have. I think
it would be good to have the scripts on gnome.org, to avoid having to
hunt them down in case people want to contribute to them and/or use
them.

> For GTK+ 3 and future releases: nothing has been set in stone, I'm
> open to whatever consensus is reached, whether it'll be:
> - continuing with Tor's build scripts like I did above for 2.24.X
> - build script for a mingw-get-able repository
> - OBS
> - something else...

Neil Roberts has been working on a reliable way to build MSI installers
for Clutter applications like Pinpoint:

  http://git.busydoingnothing.co.uk/cgit.cgi/pinpoint-msi.git/

and we have a mingw build script shipped with Clutter itself:

  http://git.gnome.org/browse/clutter/tree/build/mingw/mingw-fetch-dependencies.sh

which depends on the pre-built DLLs whenever possible, so we're
obviously interested in sharing the solutions.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name